View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 05:33 AM   #54
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
I have the braking ability but I would not even think of running the speed limit in most western states. These rigs are just too long and too heavy. We run between 62~65. If we are trying to make a little time on a long day I will bump it to 67~68 on the interstate.

Just switched to G614's last week. Next week will be our first trip with them. We got 12k miles with the Marathons. Wanted to replace the Marathons with G614 but as luck would have it the Marathons started coming apart in Idaho a year ago (thought I could make just 1 more trip). The tire store in Boise, ID said G614 would take him 2 days to get so went with another E rated trailer tire he had in stock. Got 15 months/18k miles out of those. Hoping to get at least twice the mileage out of the G614s. I also replaced the spare with a G614 and bought a 2nd spare. Mire tire problems seem to always happen in 2s. So the 2nd spare will give me a little piece of mind, hopefully.

On Edit: Also Discount tire pumped the G614's up to 105. After reading the charts at Goodyear it appears that on a 3400 the correct pressure would be between 90~95psi. So I will lower the psi before heading out next Sunday.
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote