View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 03:29 PM   #23
kc8lvy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19861
Quote:
Originally Posted by north7 View Post
If you'd be willing to share the parks that made your short list, it would be very much appreciated. My wife and I will be retiring in 3 years and I have also started some online research into this subject as we would like to spend 3-4 months each winter in this general area. However, as we are from Canada, checking these resorts out in person is a bit restrictive.

Thanks.
We checked out around 20 RV Resorts/Parks. We wanted to be fairly close to Disney and Universal Studios. Our 5th wheel is 40 feet long and we need 50 amp power and we need to have room on our site for 2 vehicles. Our criteria for our short list was a resort that we wanted to live in all year and not just for a few months so our short list maybe different than yours. There were alot more Resorts that were a little further away but we wanted to be in the heart of it.

Here is our short list.
1)Tropical Palms RV Resort
2)Thousand Trails RV Resort(Orlando RV Resort)
3)Lake Magic RV Resort
4)There was a nice KOA next to 5) Theme World RV Resort
6) Sherwood Forest RV Resort

Please remember that we are looking at long term stay. There were a lot of parks that would have been nice for shorter stays. We only checked out RV Resorts that were within 15 miles of Disney so if you don't want to be in the heavy traffic area check some a little further out.
If you have any questions about them or any other ones just post it on here and I am sure someone will know.
kc8lvy is offline   Reply With Quote