View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #5
herewegotogether
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9367
I just had my 2005 reflashed (73000 miles)as it was running rough and no power when cold. It runs great when cold now. I asked the diesel tech at my Ford dealer about issues with this engine, all he said to make sure you change the fuel filters at the recommended times and keep good oil and chnged regulary. He said these engines should last 200,000 plus.
I did spend some time on the diesel forums, it seems the same people having the same problems and or repeating the same my friend, brother or cousin had this or that. If the engine was so bad it wouldn;t have been in production for 4 years and thousands of trucks on the road. The 6.4 and 6.7 are designed to lower emissions so Ford can meet the Feds emission requirements. When you look at the specs of the 6.4 it has only 25 more horsepower than the 6.0 when the 6.0 was release it replace the 7.3 increasing the horsepower from 250 to 325 hp and 550 to 570F#T.
Ther are some videos on you tude from a diesel tech that taslks about the successe and issues of the 6.0

Have a great day
Bill
herewegotogether is offline   Reply With Quote