View Single Post
Old 11-13-2004, 03:04 PM   #21
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Ken and Ginny,

There are a couple of reasons that we are focusing on June and July. First, and most importantly, we didn't want to compete with the National Rally or the travel time necessary to get there. I know a lot of people from the Northeast won't travel to Reno, but we don't want to exclude anybody who wants to attend both.

Secondly, on a more personal note for us, Jen works on a petroleum tanker and is away for 10 weeks at a time (and home for 10 weeks in between). With her current schedule, she will be leaving for work in mid-July and won't be back home until the very end of September or early October. So, we try to plan our camping around her schedule, which for 2005 means early summer for most everything.

If anybody wants to head up a fall regional rally or get together, that would be great. I would just ask that it be discussed in a different thread to keep things somewhat organized. If someone does decide to start working on a fall get together, I would like to throw out the fact that there are numerous local events throughout the region in the fall that people may be interested in. An example would be the Dansville Festival of Balloons during Labor day weekend, and there are always the renaissance festivals in Sterling, NY (near Syracuse) or Tuxedo, NY (exit 16 off the NYS thruway).
FredG is offline   Reply With Quote