Thread: Dead batteries
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 03:42 PM   #17
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
I agree with Buckfisher, charging with a 2 amp “slow” charger is best for your deep cycle batteries. You may need to use higher amps to start the charge, then switch to 2 amp. If your batteries were totally dead they probably have been damaged. I would ask for a replacement, especially if they are new. I take my battery out of my rig and tell the dealer to use one of theirs. I have learned my lesson after my dealer killed my new battery. If they kill their battery, its on them. They did replace my battery after I had a little debate about it. It may charge and work fine for a while but it does shorten the life of the battery. A load test wont show you how much capacity you lost, it will only show current load capacity. It may be fine now but for how long? That is the issue. If it was a lead acid battery, they are more forgiving about a deep discharge than an AGM battery. If your dealer is a reputable dealer, they should replace it. They can always use your old one in their shop. Im sure it wouldn’t be the first time.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote