Thread: Dead batteries
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 08:48 AM   #15
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
That is a bit condescending. I used to do nearly all my work, beginning in 1976. Now I don't think my pockets are that deep, never frustrated and never waste time at dealerships. My last 4 have been purchased at the same dealer. The sales manager, parts guys, service manager, and 2 writers know me when I walk in. My 5er has not been left over night in a decade or more, simply tell them the warranty problem, send pictures and bring it in and wait/watch the work being done. I get along great with my mobile tech. He can schedule weeks to months in advance for my work. If there is a timely problem he will be there within 24 hours. Paratrooper knees keep me off the roof and crawling around. In my younger days several owners would have a weekend where we worked together on each others campers and took care of all the maintenance with never a labor charge. Hope you give up the lifestyle before your age or health requirs others to work on your 5er or you are going to be miserable.
Although I agree with Creeker that one should possess the ability to do most/some of your own maintenance work if you own an RV, as I get older, some things are getting harder to do and will eventually have to be done my someone much younger and with more flexibility. LOL

Hell 25 years ago I would have no problem reroofing my 26sq house. (which I did) Now at only 58 hell no.

I still do all my on maintenance on everything I own, but there will come a day when that is simply just not possible.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote