View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 01:44 PM   #18
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Mission's are OEM tires and obviously these OEM tires are not the top of the line. These Mission's are like any other low end tire. All tires are required by law to be made to certain specs. The low end tires just meet the minimum specs and rarely go beyond the minimum spec. They are made this way to keep cost down and most RV manufacturers are very cost conscious and Keystone is no exception.

I know that Keystone is very well aware of the Mission situation as I spoke to to some depth about not just my Mission problems but other MOCers that also had problems. All 3 of the tires that failed me were from manufacture defect as all 3 had ply separation. I was lucky as all 3 failures were discovered while the trailer was parked. Had I been on the Interstate no telling what damage would have occurred.
A tire that is punctured or cut is road hazard BUT it is nearly impossible to tell the cause of a failure of a tire that has totally disintegrated before the vehicle was stopped and therefore it is very difficult to get any warranty coverage. With this type situation you are usually on your own.
I will never have another Mission tire on the ground of any rig I currently own or purchase in the future and as soon as I get to Penna and my nephews tire shop I will be getting rid of the Mission spare I am still carrying.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote