View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 04:50 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
JP, that looks to be the same thing and is a good deal. Thanks for a great link!

Ozzie, I didn't measure them but the opening is the same size as those that come on the Montana.

For those having trouble removing the old ones, on the rotating part there are two or three places where there is a small opening, just the right size for a small screwdriver. Just pop one of those with a small screwdriver. There's nothing in that hole to push, just use it to insert the screwdriver and do a quick movement to pop the cover off. It's a press fit with two or three little tabs inside that snap it into place. I had no damage to any of the five I removed, using this procedure. In fact, this is how our dealer showed me to remove them. When that's removed you'll see the four screws to be removed.

Carol, you cannot close them off totally. The disc has some little bump things that appear to be about 1/8 inch or less long. Here's a picture of one of ours closed as far as it will go. While it won't close entirely I would think there would be very little air coming out of there. It's too cool for AC so I can't try it right now. I don't think the AC will even turn on at this temperature. This picture makes the opening look bigger than it is. Compare the opening to the screwhead. The opening is 1/8 inch or less.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote