View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 09:22 PM   #50
Wicked1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad1383 View Post
Thanks, I should have specified we are not full time and we do not boondock. We stay primarily at RV parks with full hook ups.

Like I said my last fridge was electric/propane but I didn’t have the option on that trailer, as I do on this one.

Josh video if memory serves me correctly he didn’t like them cause they are hard to replace and because he said the travel vibrations kill them. This fridge is located almost directly over the axles so best spot for it in the RV I think.

We do the same thing, Part time and we are always hooked up. I had the last three with Dometic and Norcold, they both start to ice up and we didn’t drive with propane hooked up too dangerous.

We now have a 2018 Montana 3121RL with residential 18cu foot Samsung and would never go back to an RV Fridge.

Price out the new Norcold or Dometc 12 cu foot RV refer/freezers they are close to $5K my Samsung can be replaced for under $1,000.

Best of all Residential came with Built in Icemaker and keeps temps the same no matter where we are. It seems most Mfg’s are moving towards Residential Fridges now.
Wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote