View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 09:57 AM   #48
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeririgged223 View Post
I went with the electric / propane because I wanted to insure that I had a cold fridge in case I had to overnight in a rest area, etc.

My dealer said that the #1 issue that they end up working on for warranty issues is the residential fridge option and for that reason they no longer order them from the factory.
My dealer is the same way, they won’t work on residential fridge and are telling their customers in advance. They are telling customers to go with the Dometic 12v compressor unit. I went with the 12v compressor cooling unit from JC Refrigeration. My freezer gets to -10 below until I get in 100 degree heat, then -5 to -1 so my ice cream still stays rock hard. Other thing about residential fridge is they vent all their heat into the RV, so in hot weather your AC has to fight that as well. My neighbor that we travel with occasionally had an issue with his residential fridge and he had a heck of a time finding someone to work on it. He’s still having electrical issues of some kind. Glad I went the way I did.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote