View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 08:08 AM   #25
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNJim B View Post
On my 2017 Ford the RV TPMS is part of the trailer back up camera option.
You get a camera to mount on the back of the trailer hard wired to a sender that you mount forward on the trailer that also relays the TPMS signal. It all integrates into the dash screens.
My two observations, the TPMS does not monitor temp, and I never use the back up cam, I rely on my spotter.
The package is around $700 if I recall and not sure if I would get it again although I like not having another screen on the dash. The TPMS works great though and I don't really worry too much about temp, I check that at every stop which for us is about every 2 hours.
I don't know if they've changed any on the newer trucks but that's what mine has.
Hopefully there is some improvement on 2021 Fords as far as the RV TPMS for the RV. Although , a sharp increase in pressure, would indicate a possible overheating issue. I would think as long as the pressures run pretty consistent you would be good to go.

I believe the TST 507 is costing north of $300 now , more if you want to do the tow vehicle. I am not sure I would pass on the option, camera ,and TPMS for $700 especially if there has been some improvement. The truck my son is ordering I know the MSRP is slightly over 83K, not sure he will caught up in another $700. Its something he for sure will need to look into .

I run the TST 507, great system, but I sure would not miss that monitor, IMO its a necessary nuisance . I don't care for having to plug it in, the wire ,having it on the dash or console, it never seems like there is a good place for it . Having an app on a I phone or integrated system seems very attractive. If circumstances change or I decide on a new truck, or RV I will surely look into an alternative .
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote