View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 10:41 PM   #37
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
We took the progressive route thru our camping life. Started with tent, then pop-up, then trailer, then 5th wheel. My decision to stick with the 5th wheel was 2 vehicles - Tow & RV v.s. the Class A with engine, tranny and home all in one. I still drule over those beautiful Class A's with the 2 big slides, with the generator and heated floors and an incredible towing weight. But the cost is prohibitive.

For those Class A's that still use propane, you are either driving somewhere to get it filled or waiting for the propane truck to come to you. I can take my 2-30 lb 5th wheel bottles out and get them filled.

And as beautiful as those Class A rear bathrooms are, heaven forbid that diesel motor ever needs serious repair. I don't think the color of grease mixes very well with those bathroom and bedroom colors.

The problem is that the expensive Class A's are all going to go on the market again someday when the current owner dies or decides to sell. And a $350,000 motor home going for $85-$100,000 with all of the bells and whistles is hard to pass up.
whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote