Thread: Blueprints
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 03:51 PM   #13
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron B View Post
Lynwood, I built both custom and spec homes in addition to many commercial projects in NM and Texas for 30 years. To get a building permit, wiring plans are required in both states. As far as plumbing plans, I required the plumbers who bid to me to draw the plumbing plans on the floor plan or electrical blueprint. And I checked them when the work was done. And yes, each of my homeowners had a full set of plans at closing.
I seriously doubt those plans are detailed enough to tell you ("exactly") where the wires are run. What I mean is; take for example a run from the panel for receptacles. The wire goes from a breaker to the first box, then to the next box and so on. But the plans will not tell you how the wire gets to the next box. Does it go through holes drilled horizontal. Does it go down below and back up. Does it go up and back down, etc.

Yes, one can figure out witch wire goes where, but not how it gets there.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote