View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
ChiefKB, if you have an external whole house type water filter take the filter element out and add one cup of bleach to the housing then fill remainder with water. Replace the housing on the filter head and attach to city water connection. Fill fresh water holding tank and then run through all the plumbing and let sit for a couple hours. Drain holding tank through the freshwater tank drain. once all the bleach water is out of the system add one cup of white vinegar in the filter housing and repeat the fill procedure. Flush with freshwater after this and you should be good to go. The vinegar will neutralize the bleach and cancel out the smell. Actually once the vinegar is in you can fill the freshwater tank and go. I have done it this way several times and never used my gravity fill for filling. I just use it as a backup overflow. I tend to forget that I am filling the tank and this helps me remember without blowing the bottom out of the freshwater tank...
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote