View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 05:25 PM   #58
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Dean--I'm amazed, and impressed, that you can fit all that gear in your basement storage and not be even close to the GVWR of the rig. I'd be interested to know what options you have on your rig. I'm still struggling with the question of which of the options I'd like to consider will fit within my GVWR budget for full-timing.

As far as your being over the pin weight listed in the Montana brochure, it sounds like that is a real bogus number, developed by the marketing folks, and everyone knows that many, if not most, 3400 owners are well over that number. I have yet to hear anyone say that high pin weight caused any structural damage to their rig or presented a safety hazard in handling or towing. As for whether the higher pin weight exceeds any ratings on the TV, I'm still trying to educate myself as to what the ratings are for the different TVs and what sort of safety margin exists in those ratings. This is a great forum for learning--just have lots here I'm still trying to absorb. I appreciate your helping me with this by sharing your experience.
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote