View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 02:18 PM   #49
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Good Evening Folks,

I agree with Rich in that your Monty weighs what it weighs. But you won't known unless you get it weighed! And you won't know what it will weigh 6 months from now - after you load all that stuff - unless you get it weighed again.

Again I mention that JD Gallant has been associated with the RV industry for many years, and RV.ORG has published rating figures on RV's for many years. It makes sense to learn from those more experienced than us.

We all have been told to check the torgue on the wheel bolts and check the tire pressure. Why should we not also check our weights to make sure we are not overloading our 5vrs? Like I said in an earlier post, we should be carrying in our glove boxes, certified CAT scale weights that indicate what our rigs weigh. It provides peace of mind that we have not lost control of the "stuff" we carry, and provides solid evidence on our behalf if something bad happens.

You can eat too much and then complain "about" your pants because they are too tight! Or, you can control you intake so your perfectly good pants will continue to fit!
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote