View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 12:37 PM   #38
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggarView View Post
Pulling it is one thing, stopping it is another and controlling it is yet another. A fully loaded Monty on a F250 will potentially be the tail wagging the dog. Straight line and gentle curves and easy slopes will probably result in no adverse problems. It is the down hill on the curves in bad weather and a rear tire failure and Mr Murphy calling in at the worst possible time that you could more likely regret not having enough truck for the job. Don't forget you'll also be sharing the road with other drivers and should one of them have a problem that tests your driving skills or the capabilities of your truck trailer combo, you'll be more likely to share the tale around the campfire instead of a hospital bed with a more capable truck.

Find the trailer you want, then get the truck that is right for job first and right for your budget second. With some searching you can satisfy both requirements.
I have pulled my Montana from coast to coast in all kinds of weather conditions and my F250 SRW never had a problem I am right at the limit on the door sticker but never had a problem going up or down hill. Wind rain not a big deal. i got my7 truck to match my trailer which is how you should do it. By the way just for everyone's information the Montana has brakes on it. They are not just for looks they actually work. The truck is designed to stop the max towing capacity. So far I have towed my Montana 33,000 miles and consider myself a pro at towing. I have backed it up more times than I can count. No I don't use a spotter. I get out and look and put it where I want it to go. Not everyone needs a DRW truck.
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote