View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 02:26 PM   #21
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiallen View Post
Hopefully ok and in the correct section.

We just ordered a 3120rl 2 months ago. Research shows a MSRP of 81,053 on the Montana website. We had seen models listed at our dealer for $69,999 on just basic models, no additional options, one they dropped to 64,999 due to slight imperfections.

I had done some used model & lots of new model online searches, and noticed midwest ( montana/ wy) prices were a couple thousand less listed pricing I had seen, so I knew California was closer to MSRP than some places, but I never saw any listed anywhere for $52,000.

I have seen on other Montana groups folks discussing pricing on 2020 used model with an asking price of $49k, and a few folks STATING they bought the same model for $52k.

Assuming this is the base price before taxes, delivery, etc, how they heck are folks actually getting a new Montana for close to $50k ? I have searched brokerages, cheapest price on new Montana's by model, and have never seen anything below $64k. And if these have any options, they really got a blowout price. I will say s freind said he bought a vehicle for a blowout price, and after a few years started "remembering" with his wife's input, his price was quite a bit higher than his story was, lol.

Are these folks really good negotiators, or buying RV's that have been on the lot a long time, etc?

Just curious how bad we got stung, lol

Thanks

Allen
I researched on RVTrader for a couple years and determined 38% discount was doable. When I pulled the trigger they accepted my offer so I maybe could have gone even lower. This was in summer of 2017 for a 2018 model.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote