View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 07:39 PM   #47
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I see you live in Maryland in your profile, so chances are, moving is not an option, as most of us live where we work and are anchored down. I've never lived under a HOA, but did live in a town, where after 16 years informed me I had to move my travel trailer out or receive fines by the city. After trying just about every option available, except storage in a facility, which was never going to happen, we put the house up for sale and moved out. We found a place in the next county over, in the country, where there were no such zoning or city restrictions and rules. It was the best thing we could have done. The freedom we have now, where we live, is awesome. We sleep in our camper every night now, in the drive way, and actually live in it. The house just powers us for electricity. We love it.

So, sometimes there just simply is no resolution with the city, zoning, or HOA's, except to move. You have to make a choice, which is more important to you? Your house or your camper. If your house, then you just have to abide by the rules of the HOA and accept it at face value. Otherwise, you'll be angry and get hateful, and end up really hating where you live, and the people around you. I know, we did.

Or, simply accept the fact the HOA will not let you park there, and like us, make the decision that you sleep where your camper sleeps. That means moving! That's what we did. But at least I don't have bitter disdain for that community I left some 12 years ago any more and my world is truly full of peace now.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote