View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #50
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

I find it hard to believe that Keystone expects the shower enclosure to not leak without caulking. I am talking about the bottom of the class enclosure where it is fastened to the fiberglass tub not at the floor.

The center of the landing gear became disconnected from the screw jack and fell down on the road. It didn’t do any damage and I used a cargo strap to hold it up to get home. That was in Arkansas. The landing gear on the passenger side had failed at Fort Smith and I had purchased a couple of hydraulic jacks and some 4X4 blocks to handle the trailer with until I got back to the dealer in Florida. This all happened before I ever loaded the basement with the heavy mode3ls my wife has.

The water and waste tank problems were all discovered in the first couple of trips locally. The dealer apparently didn’t dry the basement behind the wall because I now have plywood that has rotted in the wall where the water connections are. The wate tank level indicators never worked correctly because Keystone installed them upside down so they always show 1/3 full when the tanks are empty. I looked at a unit in the park where the trailer is now and the level indicators work correctly on that unit and it is about 5 years old.

Keystone is fully aware of these problems. The landing gear was replaced at no charge. I had to show the technician how to use a piece of hose to caulk the shower with because they had decided the vanity and cabinets had to be removed and Keystone had refused to pay for that. Keystone also refused to pay for fixing the waste tank level indicators.

The unit is now out of warranty so Keystone has no interest in even helping me by selling me parts.

I haven’t even mentioned the problems with the frame. I don’t have a frame flex problem but the spring hangars are in different locations so the axels are under the trailer crooked. I will have it in a frame shop next week and they now have all the parts to put the wet bolts and X Factor under the trailer after they fix the axel alignment. Problem.

My wife just loves this unit and she doesn’t see the problems I do because she isn’t maintenance orientated.

I have 50 years in the aviation business a lot of it overseas. I hold pilot and mechanic ratings in three countries. I am presently on a consulting contract with a jet charter company in Florida to train their maintenance management personnel.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote