View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 02:04 AM   #48
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Richfaa

The point to my post about the trademark is that Thor doesn’t put their trademark on the products they build. A reputable company like Ford, GM and Chrysler do put their trademark on all of the items they assemble.

As for the loose fittings. They were all on only by about 3 threads and the main one came off the first time I put pressure on the system. If it were one or two that were just loose enough to cause a leak I would agree with you but for multiple fittings to be so loose that the would not stay connected under pressure is not a “in transport” problem.

Conclusion is that Keystone never tested the system or some one sabotaged the trailer. After looking at the production facility it could be either one.

The reason I have more or less decided it was a lack of test or quality control is the sanitary pluming was not glued at numerous joints and sanitary vent system had never need strapped or supported in the riser causing it to fall out of the roof fitting. The shower enclosure had never been caulked and leaked very bad the first time we used it.

Next were factory-installed accessories that were never plugged in. While this could have been sabotage the sanitary plumbing not being glued and strapped is just about impossible to do after production with out leaving evidence of tampering.

The mechanical failure of the landing gear (one fell down on the road at 60 Mph.) could have and most probably was the result of some event after leaving the factory. The landing gear had been painted so that we never retracted them beyond the black linen I had to mark the new ones so this didn’t happen.

Now when it comes to the dealer Keystone looks like a group of geniuses compare to the incompetence of the dealer.

What division of the FAA did you retire from?

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote