View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 06:19 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Time to get the ball rolling!!

We are posting this thread to again generate interest in the Virginia - Mid-Atlantic rally and to announce the preliminary agenda and start to coordinate sign-ups for chairpersons for the various events. The them has been selected to be a "Luau"!! DW is considering grass skirts and hawaiian shirts - announcements forthcoming!! The preliminary schedule is as follows (we are open for suggestions for additional agenda items).

Thursday - August 6
6:00 p.m. - ? Meet and Greet at the pavillion (chairpersons: Bingo and Cathy)
Friday - August 7
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Breakfast (chairpersons : needed)
10:30 a.m. - Depart Wytheville for Beckley, WV (caravan)
12:00 p.m. - ?? Exhibition Underground Coal Mine Tour at Beckley, WV.
We are still considering a picnic lunch either at the mine or at Pipestem resort?? Need interest?
6:00 p.m. - ?? Pot Luck Dinner with Door Prize Giveaway followed by White Elephant Gift Exchange (chairpersons: needed)
8:00 p.m. - ?? Campfire (firetender needed)
Saturday - August 8
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Breakfast (chairpersons : needed)
9:00 a.m. - ?? Show and tell (chairperson: Jim Fischer)
Saturday is propsed as a self-tour day of the area. Suggestions and local attractions will be posted in another thread.
6:00 p.m. - ? Dinner (cookout??) (chairpersons: needed) Cakewalk being considered. Camper decoration contest (Luau theme) winner announced and prize awarded.
8:00 p.m. - ?? Outdoor movie showing and campfire (firetender needed)
Sunday - August 9
8:00 a.m. Breakfast (chairpersons: needed)
Sunday departures!!!
If you are interested in additional events, let me know. If you want to chair any of the activities, let me know. If you want to join in the fun, details on reservations, location, etc. are on the other thread!!! Hope to see you there!!
Bingo and Cathy Fincham (Wagonmasters)

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote