View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 03:41 PM   #12
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedbrod View Post
Rohrmann, I have found a high temp sensor mounted on the fins of the upper coil that is open. I put a temporary jumper across it and tried the frig again. The fans came on immediately but the unit is still showing the op Ll code and as before the LED on the norcold box is out. At this time I'm thinking that the box is shot. Do you need to keep this thing or will the ARP unit replace it? The ARP seems to be the right way to go.
You will have two black boxes, the Norcold control box, and also what is referred to as a recall device. Even on new fridges there will be a recall device, and this is what shuts the fridge down when the temperature of the boiler gets into the danger zone. It can usually be reset with a magnet, but when the liquid inside the unit has gotten too hot, the fridge usually will not work as well as when new. The ARP device is totally independent of the fridge circuitry and has its own temperature sensor on the boiler. Once the ARP device sees the temperature above it’s set temperature, it stops power from going to the fridge control. After an hour, it will automatically turn power back on to the fridge control box so the fridge will begin cooling again. The ARP device is not a fridge control so it does not replace the Norcold box, or the recall device.
rohrmann is online now   Reply With Quote