View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 05:31 PM   #5
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
You'd have to create a google docs type spreadsheet and somehow manage to give access to those who need/desire it. We should be able to post the link. Perhaps we could create some generic user name that anyone could use with "View Only" privileges and assign a handful of admins who could edit as needed.

I've done a lot of complex Excel work for many years so could help something like this.

Just a thought

Edit: There's already a pretty good collection of specs for most models on RVUSA.com

Here's mine, for instance. https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2018-...-305rl-tr33536
That's not a bad start but what I had in mind would be much more detailed. Such as I know that the stain that matches a 2019 HC381TH trim is Minwax Ebony. Or like the model number and common parts numbers for the Furnace (for instance the part number for the Sail Switch). While that sounds like it would be an impossible amount of information to accumulate when you think of how many folks we have on here that have different pieces of that information then it would seem realistic. Everyone has replaced some part on their rig and if we add only one or two things each it would build out fairly fast. Would we ever get all the parts on the lists, of course not, but I bet you would be surprised at how much we could get and to me that information all in one place for my specific unit would be worth its weight in gold. Imagine the time you would save trying to research a part before ordering (much less where to order it).

Of course the sad thing is that Keystone probably has a good portion of this information on a spreadsheet somewhere. They just don't care to share it with their customers........Would have been nice to have had the stain match recently so I didn't have to buy 5 cans of different stain and then test it on several scrap pieces of wood (with drying it took several hours to complete that process! That's just one example.

How about the LED bulb number that would replace a standard bulb on a certain light fixture etc etc etc etc.......
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote