View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 08:39 PM   #69
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
If I bump my head on the pantry door or the coffee bar cabinet door - it doesn’t mean the designer messed up. I have bumped my head on a bunch of doors in my lifetime...so far it never was the door’s fault. I am the one who failed to close the door in the montana control cabinet, and I have bumped my head on it twice. It only took one head bump on DW’s head and I have managed to close the door every time since.

When I look around in my unit - I can not find a better place to put the control cabinet than where they put it!
Actually on ours if the door was hinged to open in the opposite direction it would be out of the way. I am going to turn the door upside down and reinstall it. Wow that won't cost a single cent more for the manufacturer to do and then no one would bump their head coming up the steps when someone else leaves the door open during setup (ask me how I know that one). And yes it is the engineers fault when they don't place a door wisely!!

I get it that mistakes will be made when your churning out units at the rate that they are. But you also think that some of these really dumb but easy to correct issues would be resolved in very short order and that just doesn't seem to happen. I mean really how hard is it to walk out to the assembly line and say "hey guys flip those doors over, folks are banging their heads on them".

Now lets get off of the head banger door because it is only one example. I get it that SOME folks might call that nit picky. I noticed NO ONE argued that the double latch system on exterior doors that requires two hands to open was a poor design!

Anyway I am about tired of trying to sway folks that try to defend the engineers and Keystone at all cost. Just because we bought the product doesn't mean we can't point out issues. "I don't get it".
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote