View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 06:12 AM   #14
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunz View Post
I too love my Andersen for the same above mentioned reasons, but keep in mind you can still hit your cab if you turn to sharp. Of course if you turn sharp enough you can hit with any hitch.
While this is true, it also needs to be mentioned that you won't hit your cab with a slider under even the most extreme turning conditions. In order to hit your cab with a slider, you would need to be well OVER 90 degrees, and at that point, you're not doing anything to move the 5er.

For the Andersen setup, and a SB pickup with most typical SB setups, you will most likely be able to hit your cab, and you need to pay attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadsHemi View Post
I have gotten into situation where I had to back into a space up a hill and have about an 80 degree angle, this is where I believe I would get in trouble with out the slider. Tight space and those having to back up you have to be careful.

If you've been in this situation before, and you're concerned about getting in this situation again, my guidance would be for you to seriously reconsider any thoughts about getting a NON-slider hitch. A slider hitch is the only type of hitch that is going to afford you the clearance to turn tight AND go thru a dip/incline. The only other option would be a LB pickup.

I'm not familiar with the Curt slider that you mentioned in your OP, but is there something that is not setup correctly on the hitch that makes it behave the way that it does? We had a PullRite Superglide for 20 years, and when it was "annoying", it was an indication that it was out of adjustment. I was always skeptical of the integrity of the design (being an engineer), but that concern quickly faded when I started backing and didn't worry about anything.

Good luck, in whatever route you take! Safe travels...