View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 03:13 PM   #23
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Had an interesting thing happen a couple days ago. My wife and I had taken showers and I noticed a big puddle of water under the rig approximately under the shower. I immediately checked the shower drain, and everything under bathroom looking for signs of dampness. Finding none, I immediately began to think about the possibility of a broken water pipe going up to the shower head. Of course, it isn't readily accessible. So, I slept on it and during the night it came to me that maybe I should check the shower stall for possible leaks (cracks, missing caulk, etc.) I noticed that down at the bottom of the shower stall there is a crack all around the inside of the shower from one end, around the back corner and to the other side. I decided to caulk it all with some self-leveling caulk. While I was at it, I also did some minor caulking on the outside of the shower stall going up the wall. Well, to bring this story to a close and a happy ending, there is no more leak.

I would never had thought that the little crack around the bottom of the shower could allow water to seep out. There had been some caulk there but it was six years old and apparently had dried up and fell out. I don't have a problem with caulk at the top of the stall because the top is right up against the ceiling. I guess a person can't be too careful and I'm sure glad I buy caulk four tubes at a time!

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote