View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 03:58 AM   #6
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Must be one long cord Bill?

Sometimes I roll the 50Amp cord into a 5 gal bucket and place it in the back of the TV. It is hard to do when it is cold as it doesn't want to bend as easy. I use the 50Amp most of the time and keep the 30 amp in the storage with the H2o hoses. Use the 30 once in a while but mainly for an extension if the 50 Amp is not long enough. Only had a couple spots that I couldn't reach the service panel with the 50 but it was a life saver to have the extra 30.

Yes the 50 is heavy and hard to handle and if you don't have the second a/c unit you probably don't need it BUT, I am stubborn and expect my new Montana (in a few years) will have a need for the 50 amp cord so I am getting in shape for that time.

Just had a thought (and that doesn't happen much these days), wonder if we can come up with a way to roll it up on the ladder like a garden hose bracket? That might be too heavy though and cause a problem. Sure wouldn't want it to come unrolled going down the highway. OK, here's another thought. How about some kind of tray between the frame under the rear behind the spare tire? It could be fairly light with a wire mesh bottom so it wouldn't catch dirt etc. I will look into that idea and let you know what I find.
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote