View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 10:51 AM   #16
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
Mor-ryde told me the 7k axle would add about 300#'s to the rv. The best ride will come from the 7k axle. Mor-Ryde will weigh your rv and tell you which axle they would recommend. I didn't go there with any pre conceived ideas but used there recommendation.
They told us the same thing as well as the 7K is fine upto about 17500 GVW and the 8k will be fine down to 17500 GVW before the ride becomes too harsh.

Have you had your rig weighed? Ours will be loaded out eventually so the only numbers I can give MORryde will be our GVWR (at 16800 lbs) when we have it done in April since we won't be loaded out at that point. They told us the same thing... the 7k will ride better but if we are high on the road side of the rig ( two long slides with the pantry, range and countertop and res. fridge in one and the washer and dryer in the other along with the bed and bathroom sink means we could possibly go over 3500 lbs on the road side suspension and that a 8k suspension might be appropriate. If we go with the 7k option we're down to 2600 lbs of ccc to stay under GVWR. The 8K option will takes down to about 2100 lbs of ccc to stay under GVWR. Hard to imagine we can cut our gear, food, toys clothes etc down to only 1800 lbs with the 7k let alone the 1300 lbs with the 8k(excluding solar, batteries and the washer and dryer, all in those items weigh about 800 lbs)... but then we are newbies. MORryde and others have said to me that 8K will ride much firmer than 7k for our approximate all in weight. Decisions decision. One respected mentor to me has said get the 8k and not worry about the GVWR since the frame was designed to carry the CCC but the logic fails in my mind... if the GVWR is immutable

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote