Old 06-20-2018, 08:09 AM   #10
Wicked1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21100
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
AMEN

What I have been saying since day one

Best way to pay the least for the most is learn how to properly negotiate!! My advice is make the unit you want a commodity bid between at least 3 dealers. I found that CW is consistently able to offer significantly lower pricing due to their large volumes. I buy from the lowest price dealer but have service done at service ONLY business
This was my first new purchase, normally buy a few years old, fix and clean myself and use for a few years.

I shopped around, I found that most would low ball me on the trade, then offer a price a little higher then CW.

Only reason I bought from CW is I pinned 4 against each other, the deal I got was the lowest I could negotiate, the most offered for our trade and the least for the new unit, and they knocked $1500 more off to get the deal.

We got exact model we wanted with only the options we wanted. I would not return to this particular CW, however I did get the unit for the lowest I think I could have only because I called many dealers over 4 months and all were thousands away in price.

The biggest challenge I had was getting CW to toss the Freight, Prep, and all their other little charges, also they matched my Credit Unions rate but with better terms thru BOFA, however we are paying it off with our plan on 2-3 years so won't pay much interest.

I think there are a few things that will help anyone get the best deal they can

1). Know the wholesale values of your unit, and what they are selling for
2). work with a bank to get the lowest rate based on your credit so you can negotiate with the selling dealer.
3). DO not pay freight, prep, hidden fees, have that all worked out before hand
4). Do not show them you seem desperate to make a deal, they will find all sorts of ways to make it appealing to you and toss in hidden fees, they are out to make money so that is what they will try to do.

Good Luck