View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 01:20 PM   #9
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
My truck is on a train car headed for Phoenix. The story about train car shortage is apparantly true. On a typical day they have 400 trucks in quegue to be loaded at the Flint plant where crew cabs are built. 800 trucks waiting would be a bad day. As of the Friday before Christmas there were 4000 trucks waiting. At Pontiac East where the regular and extended cabs are built, the have filled up nine lots around the plant and are truking them over 30 miles away to find storage space. Apparantly the train cars got shunted away to hurricane related issues and there is insufficient capacity to catch up.

Our truck was shipped the 23rd of December. I found out the number of the rail car it is on and figured out a way to track it through the Union Pacific web site. Presently the train car is on a siding in Kansas. According to the report I got back the train car has a "Draft Gear - Yoke Broke / Defect" whatever the hell that means. At any rate, I am looking for it to arrive with in the next week. That will be close to 90 days since I placed the order and close to 60 days since the truck came off the assembly line.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote