View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 09:26 AM   #73
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
A bit off topic, sorta??

Gas price today in Tecumseh, one of the highest places in this county was $3.95 for regular. Sorry no diesel prices seen.

We refilled some propane tanks this AM in Tecumseh, last fall Al filled our 30 pounder there and paid like $22.00, today it was $28.00. He was rather annoyed, as we pay $17.50 for the same bottled filled in the RGV, and they COME to you, you don't have to haul that monster anywhere, get it out of your rig, carry to the front of your lot, leave check for $17.50 in a baggie clipped to the bottle and you are good to go.

He called another place we know that REFILL, not SWITCH bottles, and it was $15.00 for the 20 pounder and $25.00 for the 30 pounder.

First place quoted us $3.79 per gallon for propane. I am not sure what the current price is for bulk delivery to the house, but, it scares the beejeebies out of me, last winter while we were gone we got a $700.00 propane bill for November, December, January, and I believe part of February. December we left on the 18th and the heat was at 47 from then till we got back in April. Will we be able to afford propane if we are forced to stay in Michigan next winter cause fuel is so high??

Man, this is getting messy.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote