View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 07:39 AM   #36
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggarView View Post
Just read that the TOGO unlimited being offered by ATT is going away... so that awesome option is dead. As for satellite... we considered that at first but then with rapidly dropping cost of internet data options coming at us fast and furious we are now considering going full on streaming(Amazon Prime and Netflix) and divert the money in our budget from satellite to additional VZ data and/or ATT data (redundancy is your friend). Still have the antenna for local stuff as needed. YMMV as they say. If we find ourselves in areas with no internet connectivity, DVDs, other movies stored on our 1TB hard drive and good old fashion card playing will be our amusements during indoor evenings and down time.
yeah I just found out about TOGO too, already contacted Winegard, they provided the information to unlock the unit to use with additional SIM cards. I still have plenty of time until the plan runs out but still sucks. Once it expires I will see what's out there, at least I can use other SIM cards in the unit but it won't be at that price. I run a PLEX Intranet in the coach for just those occasions where I have no service, works great. I always try to have options

I have the ATT unlimited on my phone and also have ATT now streaming service, I can stream that with no data use at all might need to go back to that, connecting the phone to the TV directly, that works ok just canst change the channel without getting up and using the phone. But at least I can stream data free all I want with no caps on the service, ATT calls it sponsored data.

Hopefully by the end of the year there will be some new options as far as using the TOGO, if not oh well....

Tony
2018 3920fb 2020 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax, 10 speed Allison. LB SRW, Firestone air bags with Airlift wireless onboard compressor. Anderson Ultimate Hitch. MX4 folding cover. 50gal titan in bed transfer tank. Onan 6500 lp genset installed by me ! Had: 2 HF 3500 Inverters with Parallel Kit
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote