View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 08:18 AM   #24
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedmichigan View Post
The map does not relate to RV service or availability. The map only relates to residential service. For example if it says available then you could order a residential setup right away and it would ship in a few days. As for waitlist and coming soon, you can put a deposit down for a spot in line for service. But again the map is just can you get a residential service account at any given time.

If you have an RV unit it will work in waitlist, Coming soon, and available cells on the map. In areas marked available rv units likely won’t see any deprioritizing. In coming soon or waitlist areas there may be deprioritizing during peak hours when the ground stations cannot handle additional traffic. Usually the deprioritizing happens between 3-11pm.

As for where it was shipped, starlink will ship a dish anywhere but what matters for residential service is what the service address is. So if the service address you input is in an available cell you can have the dish shipped somewhere else. Starlink used to allow you to turn on portability and set the dish up in an area that wasn’t the service address. Now they are somewhat requiring the dish to be set up at the service area before portability works with the residential units.

Even the residential units are deprioritized when they are being used with portability away from their regular service address. So if you take a residential with portability unit to a congested area it will likely see slow service during peek hours.
Awesome explanation - thanks!!!

I will be looking to see the results of those using their Starlink dishes in AZ.
And, as to my friend in AZ that had poor results last year - we will be there end of December and I will catch up on how things are working now.

Brad