View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 07:18 PM   #34
NWCampers
Established Member

M.O.C. #29366
Sorry for the delay in response. I've been trying to figure out how to get it to attach an image for you and I'm struggling.

The steel plate was one I had on hand that measures 1/8" thick. I cut it into an L shape to fit around the slide out opening. The top measures 10 1/4" wide, the right side is 8" long. The left side is 5" and the bottom leg is 3". I pre-drilled the steel plate trying to locate the screws in similar areas as they were originally in hopes of hitting the studs that support the slide. It's an aluminum header across the top of the slide opening so that's the support. The screws were also what I had on hand. They are #12 self tapping roofing screws that are 1 1/4" long.

We were in a hurry trying to make a reservation we had when this happened so it was a quick fix using what I had on hand to get on the road. In hind sight I could've cut that leg on the right side down to about 2" instead of the 3" because when the slide is out you can see a small piece of the steel. My intention was to paint it to hide better but that didn't happen in the time we had before we needed to leave.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2A107058-D26B-4209-9D5D-9B2CD48C004F.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	327.9 KB
ID:	13799