View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 08:27 AM   #25
Denny and Angie Miller
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19889
Quote:
Originally Posted by KausalityKid View Post
I'm not looking at a TPMS yet, but I need to replace the tires on my 5th wheel. I'm a newbie with a 2019 41' Montana HC 380TH, And I've had to blowouts. I've only taken it out 5 times and all of those trips were 1.5 hours each way, so not a lot of miles. One was a freak blowout, the other I don't know. While the tries don't look bad, they are obviously the originals, so time to change. I was reading your post about the Sailun brand. I also don't want to pay $500 p/tiire.

I have an interesting dilemma. My model's specs everywhere - even Keystones site and brochure - say I only have 2 axles and 4 tires. Even the pictures show just 2 tires p/side. my 2019 380TH has 3 axels and 6 tires. Can't find anyone to explain that, but it is what it is.

This is what is currently on the RV,

Manufacture: Rainier ST
Series: ST 235/80R16
12 PR load range F tubeless
Max load single 3860 pounds at 95 psi cold
Max load dual 3420 pounds at 95 psi cold
Tread 2 steel +3 polyester +1 nylon
Sidewall 3 polyester

The tires you mention are G rated and 14 ply. I was going to go with 12 ply, but obviously would prefer 14. I realize you can't tell me if those tires are a fit for me, but at the price I find them listed would probably let me get 6 tires replaced and balanced for under $1,500.

Anyone have thoughts?
Seems as if you have a unicorn! Keep in mind, TPMS may have allowed you to stop before those blowouts did any damage at all. For a 3 axle toy hauler you have 33% more risk/opportunity for a blowout than us 2 axle folks...since its recommended to replace both tires (per axle) at the same time, a TPMS system has the potential to pay for itself if you can prevent just 1 blowout from causing any damage.
That said, many on here recommend Sailun S637 G rated tires, which are the ones I just installed. Not having any personal experience with them, for $180/tire I think they are currently the best choice for most.
Since there is confusion on your specs, I think the first thing you should do is get your trailer weighed (fully loaded) so as to put to rest what your tire requirements are and what your optimum tire pressure should be.
Second, verify your rims are rated for at least 110 psi as most tire installers will not put G rated tires on them if not
Third, make your tire choice, have them installed, make sure they are balanced.
Lastly, know your tires weight and speed limitations. The Rainiers I had were limited to 3520 lbs each @ 81 mph , the (Vietnam) Sailuns are 4080 lbs each @ 75mph. Safe travels.
Denny and Angie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote