View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 10:32 AM   #9
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatExit? View Post
Reviving an old thread….

We were watching the 50” TV with a home theater receiver I had plugged in and after about an hour the power went out and it was out in most of the trailer (3120RL). I searched everywhere and found the only GFCI outlet with the reset button is in the bathroom and it wouldn’t let me reset it.

There are other GFCI outlets, including in the storage garage by the vacuum and on the island, but those are slaves to what I guess is the main GFCI in the bathroom.

I checked all the fuses and breakers, and nothing seem to be a mess. The generator light was flashing at a higher rate, but it was otherwise working fine.

When we woke up this morning, whatever the problem was had reset itself and things are working fine now. I won’t use the receiver with the TV on the same circuit.

But the mystery remains as I’m not sure what reset.
Did you unplug everything and try again? Are you on shore power?

I had the same exact issue after installing my Onan generator. Sometimes it would work great then it wouldn't! It seemed to be most present when boon docking and after shutting off the generator. Some or all the GFI's would trip. Sometimes I could reset them and sometimes I couldn't. I was so frustrated I removed the GFI's and bypassed them. The dealer replaced them and vaguely explained that they were wired incorrectly. Since the repair it's happened one time but I was able to reset. I really don't have an answer but I will say that Since then I had 1 circuit fail. During repair they found a wire nut had come off. During that repair the transfer switch smoked. During that repair they found the shore power wires at the connector were loose....

If you determine the problem I'd love to know!