View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 09:53 AM   #1
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
MOC RGV style comes to the end of the season

As Al and I prepare to head back north from the RGV, we would like to thank all of you that attended functions this year in the Valley that we have unofficially organized! Al pulled off 2 impromptu campfires on a couple of cold evenings. We had a pot luck dinner, a dinner at Golden Coral, a trip to the South Texas Museum in Edinburg and to Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge, and lunch at Pepe’s on the River on March 16th. We have enjoyed each and every gathering, great food, great friends, lots of laughs and stories and sharing.

For a number of reasons, none of which is all that important or earth shattering, Al and I are retiring as your unofficial activities directors. God willing and the creek don’t rise, we will be back here at Bentsen Palms Village on our current site next January. It is time for someone else to schedule the activities. Maybe a couple of someones. It is time for some fresh ideas and energy.

We have enjoyed our activities here this winter (cept for that little burp with the pot luck dinner, Carol did not enjoy that so much ) and have enjoyed meeting all the MOC people that came to the Valley.

I am going to post some suggestions for activities for 06-07 Winter season on another thread, hopefully the moderators can put a sticky note on it so that it will not sink into the Archives!

We have had a blast this season, hope you all did too!! MOC people are among the nicest and bestest we have met!

Safe rides to you all, and hope to see you round the RGV in 07!

Al and Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote