View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 05:42 PM   #44
glendodom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22698
Issue of T-Fuse on Inverter Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
I have a 2018 model and I am confused like the original poster. My issues started in month 11 of ownership. My unit had a 50 amp (black) manual reset breaker on the red wire going to the inverter switch (round red/green switch in the pics below). Carl’s pic is of a 2019 and it shows a magnum fuse in the same position as my OEM 50 amp resettable CB. This CB is the thing on my unit that was tripping during hydraulic system operation. I replaced it with an 80 amp CB and tightened all connections in the front compartment (because I did not realize it was the inverter wire not the pump wire)and fortunately had no issues until July 4th weekend when the system tripped. The 80 amp on the inverter line tripped first and I went out and reset the blade switch. Then the hydraulic system “paused” (tripped) but reset itself and continued to operate. This tells me it was the OEM 50 amp auto reset CB to the pump. It is the red capped item on the left. In the second pic you can see the red wire going from the red capped breaker on the left to the pump. I ordered another 80 amp CB yesterday and will replace it this week before we leave this weekend.

I don’t understand why the CB in the inverter line has been tripping - the OEM 50 amp and the replacement 80 amp. Again - I replaced the 50 amp on the inverter line because it looked just like the pics that have been shared in the many threads about the hydraulic system tripping (translation: I replaced it out of ignorance and luck I suppose). I did not know what those 2 little red capped things were. However I am not going to reinstall the OEM 50 amp CB...generally things are better now than they were in December.
----------------------------
I spoke with the Keystone/Montana Owners Customer Service today about the question of the T-Fuse strip on the inverter line versus my trailer originally having a 25 amp breaker. She advised since I was only running a residential refrigerator that the 25 amp breaker was all that was required versus the T-Fuse strip? I guess that means if we wanted to do otherwise we are on our own!
glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote