View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 03:45 PM   #12
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
LOL LOL this reminds me of a situation we had when I was in the Army. As a Cav unit we had the responsibility of watching the East German border. At our border camp there was a small camper that 2 of our most intelligent NCO's used to bunk in. They didn't wanna bunk in with us commoners. They ran out of propane for the heater and I as the duty driver had to drive 100 miles to the next camp and retrieve a couple of the 100 lb bottles for them. I dropped them off to the 2 nit wits and went to park in the motor pool. Getting out of my jeep the sky lit up, flames shooting up in the nite sky. Went to see and we were all just standing around watching the blow torch of a propane tank. Until someone realized we had Sheridan tank rounds, which have a cardboard casing not brass, stacked 20 feet way. And now the second bottle lit off. It was every man for himself on a dead run in the snow out the front gate lol lol...there were guys running in their underware and socks. I thought maybe I am over reacting, until my Vietnam veteran platoon Sgt. passed me by. I knew I should be way out in front of him lol lol lol.... Well we got lucky, we only lost the trailer. The German fire marshall came to investigate and the 2 nit wits tried to say it was sparks from the wrench. LMAO as the Fire Marshall beat the heck out a tank with the wrench yelling at them "See no spark, no spark" lol lol Well it finally came out that Zippo lighters make lousey flashlights lol lol lol We got lucky cause it could have turned really ugly.
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote