Thread: Frustration
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Frustration

let me think....oh, I have one.
Today, we went to Brownsville for more supplies to landscape our lot, second phase.
We have been making every trip count, no more every day trips to Wally World, or shopping around the area. With fuel the way it is, we are being parsimonious. Not a bad thing, just using my Coconut, as my Pappy would say.
We found the Bead shop for Sue, the building materials for our Patio, but we could not find a fuel stop with ULSD.... We stopped at at least 6 stations. I says to myself, 'Hershel, a dealership would know'.
So, Sue get's the cell phone out and dials information, she gets Spanish on the other end... now we have been warned by who-the-heck-remebmers..that as close as we are to Mexico, your phone can go to 'Roam' and get gad-zillions of dollars charge for roaming, so, Sue hung up. No information for Ozz and Sue, too risky, we says.
So, I stopped at a national chain fast food place, name escapes me, asked the bartender if I could use the yellow pages to find a dealership phone number. I didn't have my glasses with me, so he was kind enough to look them up, I got a Ford, and a Chevy dealership set of numbers.
Got back in the truck, fuel level getting lower and lower, called the Ford dealership first.....fax line. Shaking my head, dialed the Chevy dealership. I explained my dilemma to the four people that I got switched to, one after another, then a nice guy said he would find out for me, yea! Chevy dealership. Well..after a few minutes the computer in the phone system switches you back to the operator because someone decided a 3 minute wait was too long, the people on hold may go buy a Ford if made to wait a minute longer. The operator asked me who I was talking to....I said, the third guy...she switched me to a new guy, Fourth guy. He put me on hold, I waited 3 minutes and hung up, bowing my head in ...well, frustration.
At that point, I gave up and headed back to South Padre, we saw a truck stop, I pulled off the highway; there was a pump with a ULSD sticker, we marked it in our book.
Yes, frustration.
I think I will have a cold one.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote