View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 08:51 AM   #15
FreeRoamn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19387
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Fireguy View Post
Yes the cabling labeled for satellite is in the coach but that does not mean that a after market sattellite system is a plug and play installation. The Keytv system requires a different approach than the older systems. I am pretty sure that someone loaded the manual here on the site previously. There are also previous threads with links.
Per the KeyTV Quick Start Guide 2018 (Full manual attached below):

"What satellite providers are KeyTV compatible with?
KeyTV is fully compatible with DISH® Network and DirecTV® in the U.S., Shaw Direct and Bell in Canada."

For now my internal wiring works with my Dish once I bypass the "Multiswitch" and "Diplexer behind the TV. This at least for now allows me to not run my cable through a window or fish it through a slide and utilize the SAT input in the wet bay.

I will try and figure out if the Multiswitch or and Diplexer are bad or the connections are bad (they should ALL be hand tight and have 1/8" center copper wire sticking out beyond the connector. I really don't want to run a new cable just for satellite if I don't have to.

Here is another thread that is useful: https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ighlight=Keytv
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Montana - KRV_KeyTV_QuickStartGuide_OH REV PROOF1.pdf (1.70 MB, 167 views)