View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Forty pound propane bottle

Today I had Lindy's 40 lb propane filled and just for giggles I set in my street side compartment to see if it would fit. It did but due to the position of the switchable regulator I couldn't quite get the strap to work. Since the regulator on the curb side is smaller and higher up in the compartment it fits fine over there. I only mention this as I have been thinking about buying a 40 if it would fit. I could get it to fit the street side if I move that regulator up a bit but I really don't want to fool around with a system that isn't leaking and maybe make it leak. Since it is so darn cold here this week and will be near zero tonight I am interested in seeing how long a 40 will last. When I run it through I will post the time here. As John Kohl mentioned elsewhere a 30 pounder will last between 3 and 6 days depending how cold it is outside. I am hoping for a week as we keep the inside around 62 at night and around 68 during the day... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote