View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 02:54 PM   #14
jeff_banning
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20129
Regarding backing, I look at and react (turn) based on where I wanting my wheels/tires to end up and "drive them there" and only watching the end of the camper for trees, posts, obstacles, etc.

I first envision (angle/ark) where my wheels will have to travel to put my trailer where I want it, then I reverse turn to start down that path and follow/correct accordingly. I avoid jack knife if at all possible so not to slide tires, stress bearings, etc.

If my wife places a yellow stop block on the pad, I will put the wheel right on it.

Drive the tires where you want them.... the rest of the trailer just does what it does... follow.

And yes, big parking lot will help.

Even if having to jackknife, think where tires are going, when they have to turn to achieve the turn, and just do it.

I will always have a spotter though watching side of trailer I cannot see in my mirror if jackknifing one in just because you have to lose sight of that side for a long time and where you think something was changes when you get all catty whampus into a spot.
2017 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L PS 4:10's
Monett, MO
jeff_banning is offline   Reply With Quote