Thread: Satellite TV
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 01:03 PM   #5
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
You may already know this... The problem with Montanas is you have two TV one in the living area and the other in the Bedroom. most portable dish only support one TV (box) and if you hook up two boxes it will not work both TV will be dead.

Dish makes a special satellite for dual TV's requires two RG6 cables from the Dish, one to each box which the SAT input in the convenience center will not support since it is a single input. Also keep in mind that Dish portables recommend a max of 25' run of RG-6 cable, I have been able to use 50' (quality suffers a bit) I have also tried 75' with very poor results and will not try again.

If your dish is the single output type you can use a HDMI splitter and use a single box for 2-3 TV's off of one box, (max HDMI run is 50' though).

You probably know this info but thought I would through it out there just in case you were trying to set up both TV's as that would 100% kill your signal with a single RG6 exterior input.

I am this week adding the 2nd RG6 input so the LR TV and BR TV boxes have separate inputs, I have the Dish portable that has the two RG6 outputs.

I am also installing a 3rd TV in the Basement that will run off of the BR TV via HDMI.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote