Thread: Trust your gut
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Trust your gut

Did you ever override your gut feeling that maybe you should make another choice? Well, I did today. My gut told me to skip this station because of narrow lanes through the pump islands. but I maneuvered into the pump and filled the tank.

As I was leaving, I was being careful to make a severe angle turn to the right, but I failed to see one of those low slung guard pipes at the pump. I ripped out the discharge piping, tore up the lower panel and ruined the street side bay doors. The kitchen slide cannot be opened due to damage to controller rod and the LevelUp foot in front of the wheel is bent backward about 15 degrees.

Coach-Net was great in getting me off the pipe without doing more damage, a feat in itself. The operator then towed the Montana to the dealer about a half to three quarters of a mile away. Most of the damage is cosmetic and can be repaired without much ado. The foot hydraulic cylinder was not damaged, just the bracket. It doesn't appear that the frame is damaged.

Of course, this happened on Saturday afternoon, so I can't get a complete report until Monday morning. Now we are stranded in Wichita Falls, TX until then. Needless to say, our schedule to be in Colorado has to be altered.

Because I have a full timers policy with Foremost, emergency funds to help when you are stranded come into play. We have up to $2000 to get us through our costs while waiting for completed repairs. You hate paying premiums for insurance until you have a claim.

Trust your gut. If there is any question, don't!
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote