View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 02:03 PM   #23
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
I do not care what the politicians say or think. I do care about what the CDC and the medical profession say about the virus. I will follow their guidelines not any politician. I am a simple person so two simple things jump out at me. This is a virus that did not exist before a couple of months ago. There is no historical on the effects it may have. There is as of now no vaccine.

We can not go much longer with a shut down economy. We need to find a way to open the economy and control the spread of the virus. I do not believe we are capable of doing that.
Well that settlers it then we need to stay shut down and isolated for the next 12-28 months who cares about the effects of isolation, depression, hunger, extreme poverty, loss of life savings, let them all out of prison, who ever died from that...

You cannot hold the non vulnarable population hostage for very long when those that are vulnerable can continue to voluntarily isolate. Poverty and depression kills more than this virus ever will. There is no reason there cannot be a balanced return geographically (you cannot hold the entire country to the NY standard that was a product of density).

If the cure is more deadly than the disease (which is the current position of the metal health professionals) what is the right path.