View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 06:22 AM   #65
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Our neighbor, who also services our pool when we travel, went by our house and even sent us a couple pics. It is a good thing he sent the pics because I may not have believed him. The only visible damage was our front storm door blew open and got trashed. Even the pool cage and screens were undamaged! Gusts over 100mph and everything did very well on our end. What was even more amazing was that our outside lights were on and the pool pump was humming away. We are one of the few small pockets that have juice. I got a kick out of Antonio (pool guy), he took the time to look at our pool gauges and informed me I needed to add salt as soon as I got home!

We were planning on heading home yesterday but discovered when pre-planning our gas stops that more than half the gas stations were either out of fuel or didn't have electricity along I-10 and I-75 in Florida. We started calling around to buy a couple 5 gallon fuel cans and everyone has been sold out. Heading up to Dothan AL this morning to shop for fuel cans there. If we could haul 10 gallons of gasoline the DW's car could make it without stopping for fuel. The MH can make it on a full tank anyway.

It looks like our biggest issue with Irma will turn out to be shortage of fuel to get home. I'll take it and give thanks!!!!!!!!