View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 08:19 PM   #11
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopsgrl View Post
Hello travelers. We are about to purchase our very first 5th and know that a new/used truck will also need to be purchased. I was looking for recom's for either Ford F-250+ or Chevy 2500 High Country. The research I have been doing has lead me into some bottomless hole and I feel lost.

We are looking to purchase a Montana High Country 370BR, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to meeting members on the road very soon.

T
I have a 2017 370BR. You will be over payload on any 250/2500 diesel and a gasser will not work with this weight non any hill, forget mountain. I had a 2016 F250 and traded on the 2016 F350 for this 5er. On delivery the 370BR was 360# heavier than stated dry weight. The published hitch weight is also a little low. There is a lot of storage space in the entire 5er and especially the basement. Add the separate washer/dryer and a 2nd battery and PW will laugh at any 3/4. Just the 2 of us so we will never use all the cargo capacity (even with my wife's cast iron cook ware) but if done you are not far from dually territory.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote