View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 11:28 AM   #28
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
Nope, not leaving. We've been watching the tracks and trying to weed out the hype. Looks like it's going to bash the east coast. While it could change change course it appears unlikely. We and ALL our neighbors have installed the storm shutters, got gasoline and other fuels, lots of food and LOTS of water. Some of us have gensets.

Ninety-nine percent of the homes near me, and mine, are built to the new hurricane resistant standards since the mid-2000 hurricane debacle. Some of Rotonda West is in a flood zone, my area is not, nor are there any historical records indicating it's ever flooded other than ponding in a few low spots (happened just last week after three days of rain).

Our FW is in open storage in the center of Rotonda and it's fully insured and I refuse to stress over it. Our evacuation route is a parking lot as of yesterday, anyway. I'm going to bring the boat and trailer over to the house from its sea level plus 2' storage location, and chain it to my fence posts. I don't know if that will be of any help. My only concern with that is it could become a missile and damage our house (no neighbor on one side). Like the FW, the boat is fully insured even for hurricanes.

I'm betting we don't even get the tropical force winds that are forecast. OTOH, if you don't hear from me after Monday, I might have gotten blown to GA.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote